Really, Janelle, Really?
Are you gonna make me roll this tape AGAIN?
The Brown's filed with the court again. Let's face it, all of this was a political ploy to get Polygamy Legalized since the get go, IMO. But will they never cease to amaze me? I don't think so.
Janelle Brown filed in court yesterday an affidavit which said, "We decided to move to Nevada to insulate our children from the pressures and threats of prosecution."
Yeah, that's what we bought into with all those tears, until we saw this......
Let's take a trip down memory lane...
Here are the highlights of her affidavit:
• I have been repeatedly confronted by statements that we are in a criminal association for following our faith and my children have been subjected to such comments at school.
• I handle much of the finances for the family and I can attest to the considerable costs associated with being both under investigation and the target of public comments by prosecutors.
• After the announcement of the investigation of the family under the bigamy statute and the statements of prosecutors, family members lost their jobs and found it difficult to secure new jobs since no one wants to hire someone publicly identified as a target for prosecution.
• We decided to move to Nevada to insulate our children from the pressures and threats of prosecution.
• The rental that we secured in Nevada to house the whole family while we looked for homes cost $6000 for that first month alone.
• These costs include the rental of new homes for the family and moving costs that largely exhausted our savings.
• This included a loss of thousands of dollars on pre - paid rent due to termination of leases before the end of the specified period; loss of deposits; thousands of dollars for moving truck rentals and costs; and monthly rental payments that are roughly $2500 more than the monthly cost of our home in Utah.
• We have had to take steps to prepare for any possible arrest to be sure that our children are protected and taken care of if the state decides to move forward with charges.
• We literally live day to day without knowing whether our family will be destroyed by a decision of some prosecutor in Utah to charge us.
• The stress has had a pronounced impact on our children and myself in loss of sleep, stress, and uncertainty.
• If this law were found unconstitutional and this threat lifted from our family, we would feel free to finally return to Utah and would certainly resume our open participation in our religious community.
**(posting Kody's and others a bit later to talk about)What do you all think? Did you see any of this fear? About jobs, don't they have a BIG ONE with TLC? They know they are not going to get prosecuted. They want the law changed. Open it for them, you open it for all the Warren Jeffs in the world. I want to hear what you think of her statements.
I will end with this comment from GP: