One twit tweeted to Christine: "Sometimes when making toast I recall an early episode of SW and wonder, what does Christine know about toasters that I don't??"
|Evil toaster about to BLOW|
From the TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) website, we learn about "The Danger of Electrical Shock" which apparently is more important to know because there are many appliances in the modern home that uses that old demon ELECTRICITY to run, rather than sharks.
People are injured or killed every year by electricity. The reasons are almost always carelessness, a faulty appliance or tool, or a lack of knowledge about how electricity works.
You can reduce electrical injuries and death by doing three things:
In the kitchen. An ungrounded faulty appliance, such as an electric toaster, used near a grounded kitchen sink can be dangerous. Do not handle or operate appliances when your hands are wet or when the appliances are on wet surfaces, such as a countertop that has water on it. Receptacles within six feet of a kitchen sink must have a ground fault circuit interrupter.
- Understanding how electricity works
- Recognizing potential electrical hazards
- Learning about safety devices that prevent shock.
|Not a good idea|
And Christine, did you know that there are hazards associated with any electrical appliance? Like ironing clothes with your right hand and reaching into the washer with your left hand? I didn't even know about that, but in reality, my washer is in this small closet and even if I wanted to plug my iron in, there are no electrical outlets for me to use...ummmm...do you think that was done on purpose?
So next time you start spouting off that there are more people killed by toasters than by sharks, why not follow your own advice and google for the FACTS about using ALL electrical appliances safely?