WillySteed*ChristineMarie*KolleneSnow*AudienceMember*EdKociela AuthorPlygsAnswersQuestions *JewelryAtGuilt* DickJaneFlipbook*Spoilers*Tweets*RebeccaMusser*My5WivesGreat Stories*BuyTeamKolleenTshirtTodayDon'tMissOut!!!Review!!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Ballad of an Ex-Sister Wife

Ballad of an Ex-Sister Wife

I have been inspired by the stories of Flora Jessop, Free and Clear, Troy Bowles and all the other brave young folks who have escaped closed Mormon fundamentalist communities and/or Mormon fundamentalist indoctrination despite fear of the unknown and the threat of blood atonement and eternal damnation.  This song is for you, with many thanks to the Eagles.

Well, I heard my priesthood holder talking the other day
And he said he kept the power to himself.
Well, let me tell you I’ve got some news for you
And you’ll soon find out it’s true
And you’ll have to watch the kids all by your self

Because I’m already gone.
And I’m feeling strong.
And I’ll sing my victory song.
Woo hoo hoo.  I’m a person too.

The Prophet’s latest Statement made me stop and wonder why
I guess he felt that he had to “set things right.”
Just remember this  Sisters when you look up in the sky
You can see the stars and still not see the light.  Yes, that sure is right.

Now me, I’m already gone.
And I am feeling strong.
I will sing my victory song.
Woo hoo hoo.  I’m as worthy as you.

Well, now I know it wasn’t you who held me down.
And the Lord knows it wasn’t you who set me free.
It all too often happens that we live our lives in chains
And we never even know we have the key.  Desiree

But me, I am already gone.
I am feeling so strong.
 I will sing this victory song.
Because I’m already gone.
I am feeling strong.
As I sing my victory song.
Woo hoo hoo.  Now, who’ll be a slave to you?
Yes I’m already gone.
Already gone.

Alternate titles:
“Kiss My ... Feet; I Won’t Keep Sweet”
“Free and Clear is Free and Clear”

Written by Terrasola

5 comments:

  1. I really like the title Kiss my... feet, I won't keep sweet....!!!!! Very good..... I wish the women and children would feel that kind of strenght within themselves but I looks very difficult for them for what I have red on the blog.... Endoctrination is powerful....A woman in the videos above said she really fear she would go to hell for leaving.....The support group is essential....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again Terrasola, love your wit and intelligence. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think that is excellent! Thanks for sharing. But, please remember, in Mormonism, there is no eternal damnation. There is no "hell". Just lesser levels of heaven or rebirth when you are "sealed" to a good Mormon's planet and get another chance to get it right.

    I think this is the greatest appeal for people to convert to Mormonism. No hell.

    ReplyDelete
  4. EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God! When I lived in CO., I knew some children of the FLDS. Shocking they got to go away from their house and play. I didn't understand it then, but my mother was always super kind to them. God Bless Terrasola for writing this.

    ReplyDelete