- His mother discovered fundamentalism when he was 14 years old.
- His parents were excommunicated from the LDS church when he was 19 years old.
- By the time he returned from his LDS mission, his father Winn had already taken a 2nd wife (and it wasn't Janelle's mother...she was wife #3)
- He did not start courting Meri until he converted and was baptised into the faith.
- He was so grossed out by a chubby Christine eating chili cheese nachos that he cooled off their relationship.
- He was so financially strapped while dating Robyn, he considered selling his car, and admitted he didn't have the money to marry and support Robyn, but knew he would find a way. (hint hint)
- Meri made it clear to Kody that she was not prepared to court Christine, but Kody pressed on with the relationship.
- She married Meri's brother Adam after he converted to LDS. Although they had a Temple wedding, in six months they had separated and were divorced approximate one year after saying "I do."
- Janelle and Meri were best of friends until she joined the family as Kody's 2nd wife.
- Her mother at first was appalled to learn Kody was courting Janelle. When she met Kody's father Winn, they had instant chemistry and she converted and became his 3rd wife.
- Winn had wanted Janelle to marry Kody's brother, but she was already in love with Kody.
- When she married Kody, he and Meri were still "very much in love and they had no idea how to incorporate me into their lives...When we watched movies they would sit on the couch and hold hands under a blanket and I'd sit in my own chair."
Some of Christine's tidbits:
- Her grandfather was the head of their church, "You could say that when it comes to our church, I'm connected."
- She decided as a teenager she would enter a plural marriage only as a 3rd wife. Being a first wife was too much work and too much self-sacrifice. She felt a second wife disrupted the marriage between the husband and the first wife and caused heartache. The third wife makes peace between the first and second wives.
- Christine's mother divorced her father and left their faith.
- Although she married the man of her dreams, Christine realized on her honeymoon that she had married Kody too soon. He had a lot of baggage, not to mention two warring wives to contend with. It took a year for Kody and Christine to fall head over heels in love with each other.
Last but not least, some of Robyn's tidbits:
- She married at 21 to a man who was from a "well-regarded" family in their community. In fact, she called the Jessops Spiritual leaders. Unfortunately, he mistreated and misled her.
- She invented an alter ego super hero called She-Rah who represented Robyn's tougher, bolder side.
- She decided after her divorce, if she married again she didn't care what her husband looked like.
So there you have it, the Prologue and Part One: Matrimony. Next up, Part Two: Sorority.